: Teesside University is a UK public university located in Middlesboro, in the north-east of England.
This is a relatively young university in the UK, whose history began in 1930 with the founding of the Constantine Technical College. Which later became Teesside Polytechnic Institute, and in 1992 received university status and the current name of Teesside University.
Today, Teesside University has more than 18,000 students, of which 1,000 are foreigners. It is an actively developing university, which has invested more than £ 275 million in campus infrastructure.
In its activities, Teesside University is guided by a mission - to generate and apply knowledge that contributes to the economic, social and cultural success of students, partners and communities of the university. With an education enriched by research, innovation and engagement with businesses and professions, Teesside University is transforming lives and economies. The values of Teesside University include:
• Providing excellence in teaching, research and entrepreneurship
• Empowering individuals and teams to increase their contribution to the university
• Encouraging creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation
• Embracing diversity and actively countering prejudice
• Communication is open, honest and respectful
• Commitment to sustainable development and environmental protection
• Taking responsibility and demonstrating leadership.
At Teesside University, a lot of attention is paid to the development of real skills required in the labor market. The university's programs are future-oriented, with an emphasis on developing digital skills that are valued by employers. Teesside University is the only Adobe Creative Campus in Europe. This means that Teesside University students can develop promising digital skills such as creativity, critical thinking, creative problem solving, and effective communication and collaboration.
Teesside University is ranked in the top 1000 world universities according to the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings. It is ranked average in national rankings (68th in the Guardian 2021, 95th in the UK according to the Complete University Guide 2022). At the same time, the teaching of certain areas of Teesside University is noted in the ratings for the specialties of the Guardian 2021:
1. Design & crafts - # 17 in the UK
2. History - # 18 in the UK
3. Fashion & textiles - # 24 in the UK
4. Engineering: chemical - # 25 in the UK
5. Sports science - # 26 in the UK
6. Forensic science & archeology - # 27 in the UK
7. Health professions - # 31 in the UK
8. Engineering: mechanical - No. 37
9. Engineering: civil - # 38 in the UK
10. Journalism, publishing & public relations - # 40 in the UK.
- MIMA School of Art & Design
- School of Computing, Engineering & Digital Technologies
- School of Health & Life Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Humanities & Law
- Teesside University Business School.
Requirements and cost
- IELTS 6.5